He knows us, and His greatest gift is allowing us to know Him.
1 O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!
7 I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence!
8 If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave,[a] you are there.
9 If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
10 even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.
11 I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night—
12 but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you.
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.
17 How precious are your thoughts about me,[b] O God. They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! ….
Psalms 139:1-24 NLT
• A very beautiful Psalm by David: We don’t normally let people know us completely. However, God knows every detail about us (verse 13). He knows the number of hairs on our heads (Matthew 10:30).
• If you thirst for Him, know that He is not far away; He is right there with you! (Verse 7)
• In verses 23-24, David also asked God to search his heart and see if anything is displeasing to God. Although we may regard ourselves as “good,” God can point out aspects of our lives that need changing, whether it’s our temper, patience, attitude, etc.
• God is all-seeing, all-knowing, and present everywhere. He knows us, and His greatest gift is allowing us to know Him.
• Let Him into your life and let Him dwell in your life. 🙏